Wednesday 6 February 2008

Skeeter Davis - Sunglasses

Sunglasses to hide behind,
Sunglasses to cry behind,
Sunglasses to die behind...





(1965)





I got my swimcap and comb
and my paperback book that I'm almost through
I got my lipstick and mirror
and my suntan lotion and my cam'ra too
I got my beach bag full of all the necessary items for a day in the sun
And of course it wouldn't be
like me if I didn't bring along


Some sunglasses hmm to hide behind
sunglasses mhm to cry behind
Sunglasses mhm to die behind
Dear while I lie and cry and sigh and hurt
and watch you while you flirt
With your somebody new makin' me blue

I brought my towel and my transistor radio
so I could tell all the time
Cause the Top Forty records and the weather and sports
will get you off of my mind
I'll rent an umbrella from the lifeguard fella with the dreamy eyes
And you can bet I couldn't forget my old standby's
My sunglasses hmm to hide behind...
Sunglasses sunglasses sunglasses

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! The video doesn't work. Any chance you could update it? Thank you so much. Congratulations for the blog! I like it.

fancy nancy said...

Thank you, it's now up! It isn't a video though, just a sound file.
(This song is where Natércia Barreto got her Óculos de sol from)