Friday 15 August 2008

Sunny and the Sunliners - Sharing You

This is the sound of a heart breaking!

I didn't find any information on this particular song, which means the lyrics might be wrong and any help is welcome.
Sunny and the Sunliners, Sunny Ozuna's band, were formerly known as Sunny and the Sunglows.

I'm guessing this is a 60s song, from the little information I found on the band.

edit:
Plantsmantx said...
I know of at least three other versions of this song, all from the 60's. It was also recorded by Mitty Collier snd Johnny Adams, which were both quite bluesy, but the version I remember best from when I was a child in the mid-60's was done by....uh, I can't remember his name, but his version was more like the typical teen soul ballad of the time.






I don't know why I love you like I do
I don't know why I need you like I do
I must be going crazy to fool myself
But I know you belong to someone else

And I'm sharing you, Lord sharing you
This I know, this I know baby

I know you'll marry
Belong to someone else
I hope he finds it in his heart
To forgive me
I can't help myself
Cause if you love me like you say you do
Then leave him, leave him

Leave him right now
Leave him right now baby

I can't go on living on promises and tomorrows
Lord when I can easily have someone else
Get a true love
Baby I'll find someone of mine,
Someone of mine baby

All the love I have to share has come to despair
They say that if I keep on pushing I'll begin to show
But show, show won't make me much
So leave him, leave him

You just won't leave him
Leave him right now baby
You just won't, no you just won't...

3 comments:

val said...

heartbreaking!!

the lyrics seem rather accurate...

Anonymous said...

I know of at least three other versions of this song, all from the 60's. It was also recorded by Mitty Collier snd Johnny Adams, which were both quite bluesy, but the version I remember best from when I was a child in the mid-60's was done by....uh, I can't remember his name, but his version was more like the typical teen soul ballad of the time.

fancy nancy said...

thanks for the information plantsmantx, I'll be looking for the Johnny Adams' version...