Tuesday 3 February 2009

Buddy Holly - Girl On My Mind

Today's the 50th anniversary of "the day the music died", that tragic day when buddy holly, ritchie valence & big bopper's little plane came crashing down, plunging the fans in an ocean of sorrow... especially this one.

oh, gu-huh-irl on my ma-hi-hi-ind...



Oh, girl on my mind
please come back to me
I love you with all my heart
with you I want to be

I want you to be near me
is that too much to ask
girl on my mind
please say you will be mine

You're the one and the only
you are mine to have and to love
no one could ask for more
you're mine to adore

Girl on my mind
please say you will be mine

4 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I tried to get into Buddy Holly but couldn't. I like his singing a lot though, it's the songs that I always find too empty. Can you recommend me some songs?

val said...

ah I don't know, I guess you don't have to ask too much from the songs, they're just fun & dancy - I like love's made a fool of you and er rock around with ollie vee and hmm, all the others really, I don't find any of them boring. Maybe try you are my one desire ? And how about that cover from a while ago on this blog, love is strange?

fancy nancy said...

Thanks for the suggestions! i actually like this "girl on my mind" better than "love is strange"... I remember this song of his I liked from Ghost World but i forgot the name :/

val said...

hmm I don't know either, I need to see that movie again...