Wednesday 21 November 2007

Elvis Presley - Love Me

When looking for old, cheesy love songs, one should always watch David Lynch movies.
Here's Elvis' classic "Love Me", and below is the version by Nicolas Cage
in "Wild at Heart". I'm not really a fan of either of them, but i think mr. Cage's version is quite good...






Treat me like a fool,
Treat me mean and cruel,
But love me.

Break my faithful heart,
Tear it all apart,
But love me.

If you ever go,
Darling, I'll be oh so lonely
I'll be sad and blue,
Crying over you, dear only.

I would beg and steal
Just to feel your heart
Beatin' close to mine

Well, if you ever go,
Darling, I'll be oh so lonely
I'll be sad and blue,
Crying over you, dear only.

I would beg and steal
Just to feel your heart
Beatin' close to mine

Well, if you ever go,
Darling, I'll be oh so lonely
Beggin' on my knees,
All I ask is please, please love me
Oh yeah



Written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, It was first recorded by Elvis in 1956.

2 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I wonder if it's too wrong to post a comment on one's own blog.. he. I love this song and completely agree with you about David Lynch.

val said...

of course not!