Thursday 22 November 2007

Roy Orbison - In Dreams

Yet another song that appeared in a David Lynch movie, this time Blue Velvet.

This was released as a single in 1963.



The clip from Blue Velvet :




A candy-colored clown they call the sandman
Tiptoes to my room every night
Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper
Go to sleep, everything is allright

I close my eyes, then I drift away
Into the magic night,  I softly say
A silent prayer like dreamers do
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams
of you

In dreams I walk with you, in dreams I talk to you
In dreams youre mine, all of the time, we're together
In dreams, in dreams.

But just before the dawn, I awake and find you gone
I cant help it, I cant help it, if I cry
I remember that you said goodbye
Its too bad that all these things, can only happen in my dreams
Only in dreams, in beautiful dreams


I'll come back to Roy Orbison later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite moments in Lynch's universe of kitsch and eerie!

A quand Angelo Badalamenti pour Twin Peaks?

val said...

oui, il aura surement sa place ici :D

Anonymous said...

woah, that song is sooo sad...
it's one of my favourites though...