Thursday 31 January 2008

Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender

Written by for Elvis Presley, in 1956, this song is sung to the tune of "Aura Lee" / "Aura Lea", a sentimental Civil War ballad with music by George R. Poulton and words by W.W. Fosdick.
Love Me Tender is credited to Elvis Presley and Vera Matson (Ken Darby's wife) due to royalty issues.

"Aura Lee" was published in 1861 and this Civil War song later became popular with college glee clubs and barbershop quartets. It was also sung at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York.
(wikipedia)




Aura Lee by Jim Reeves :



Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin I love you,
And I always will.

Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For its there that I belong,
And well never part.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
Ill be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time.

(when at last my dreams come true
Darling this I know
Happiness will follow you
Everywhere you go)



Aura Lee :

 As the blackbird in the spring
'neath the willow tree
sat and piped
I heard him sing
praising Aura Lee.

Aura Lee! Aura Lee! Maid of golden hair
sunshine came along with thee and swall-ows in the air.
Take my heart and take my ring
I give my all to thee
take me for eternity
dearest Aura Lee!

Aura Lee ! Aura Lee . . .

 In her blush the rose was born
'twas music when she spoke
in her eyes
the light of morn
sparkling seemed to break.

Aura Lee! Aura Lee . . .

Aura Lee
the bird may flee the willow' golden hair
then the wintry winds may be blowing ev'rywhere.
Yet if thy blue eyes I see
gloom will soon depart
for to me
sweet Aura Lee is sunshine to the heart.




2 comments:

fancy nancy said...

He had a fantastic voice and this song is so sweet, though I think I like Are you lonesome tonight better

Anonymous said...

Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs
use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my page take a look over here