Wednesday 24 December 2008

I Want to Spend Christmas with Elvis - Little Lambsie Penn

Don't we all, "Little Lambsie Penn"!
Note : although it may look like it, we're not obsessed with Elvis. Personally I like Buddy Holly ten thousand times better.

A pop music sub-genre called the "cash-in record," this takes place when a musical star becomes so famous that other people (read: record companies) feel obliged to perform songs about him or her. Elvis certainly falls into this category, wherein results this record, also performed by Debby Dabney and co-written by Bobby Darin. Other examples include "I Want to Spend Xmas With Elvis" by Marlene Paul (different spelling, different song) and "Elvis For Christmas" by Mad Milo, a Buchanan-Goodman styled novelty record. Note that these are just the Christmas-oriented Elvis cash-ins; there were plenty of others not related to the holiday, like "My Boy Elvis" by Janis Martin

To rock your christmas, I will now re-direct you to the site where I took this information from : mistletunes

0 comments: